Monday, April 14, 2014

Unpacking My New Work Shop

After assembling my new workbench, I kept going with setting up my new working space.


Having one central place to keep tools is going to be really nice. In setting up the space, I've already used it a bit: I had to cut down the pegboard by about 4 inches to fit the wall, and I cut a few other pieces of wood as well, all using my saws-all. I might have to get a shop-vac in the near future. The light above the workbench is actually coming from my second strip of LED lights, this time a brighter 5050 SMD strip. The continuous strip of light means it is almost impossible to get shadows on the workbench, which is fantastic.

Here is a shot of the wall opposite from the workbench:


The white cabinet in the corner is actual an IKEA wardrobe from the as-is section - retails for $100, and I paid $10. I'll have to grab some shelves for it later this week. The bookshelf on the right has some white tubs Brianna bought for previous kitchens. Now that she actually has cabinet space in her kitchen, I've stolen them and will unpack my crates of parts and bits (two of them are visible in the photo: on the left and inside the white cabinet) into these small white tubs. I'll actually be able to find something without dumping out an entire crate!

I'm pretty excited to have a dedicated working space!

No comments:

Post a Comment