Monday, May 26, 2014

New Exterior Lights

The exterior lights on our house were originally a bright brass, which isn't exactly to our taste in the first place. After years of weather and apparently being hit with basketballs, they were broken, spotted with corrosion, missing glass, and one of them had a hard time staying vertical. They needed to be replaced.

This was the *good* light
Brianna and I have been keeping our eye out for a while, and finally found one we like during a trip to Lowes today to get wall plates for light switches and a spark plug for a lawn mower.


We bought and installed two today. Eventually I would like to put one on the left side of the garage door as well, and put something that matches on the back porch, so I'm going to put this picture here so I can find it easily in the future:


***Update***

In the course of installing nice new exterior lights, the ugly, old yellowed plastic of the doorbell leaped to my attention. Sigh. Something else I want to replace now. Money money money.



No comments:

Post a Comment