Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Kitchen Ceiling Will Be "Mild Blue"

After work today, I had a hard time getting the motivation to tape off the walls so I could paint the ceiling. It's a tall ceiling, which means I can't just reach up and tape or paint like I have in other rooms. I have to take it 4 feet at a time, then move the step ladder and do the next 4 feet.

Anyway, I got the first coat of color done on the Kitchen ceiling.


For whatever reason, the texture in this room has a lot of deep little divots, and I had to really work to coat them in color - it seemed there was always a speckling of white primer showing through the blue. Pretty sure I got most of it, though, and there's still a second coat of color coming, to catch any spots I missed.

Since Mild Blue is also the color we painted the master bathroom's water closet, I took some leftover paint and touched up all the corners and edges in there as well. Having a lingering paint odor in the bedroom (which we supposedly finished weeks ago) didn't do Brianna any favors, but the water closet looks a lot better now - more "finished".

No comments:

Post a Comment