Sunday, July 6, 2014

Weekend Post-Mortem

Well, this weekend certainly didn't go according to plan.

I did manage to get most of the Great Room prepped for painting. However, the windows still need to be taped off, and I need to put plastic down over the carpet.

I did get some more blinds hung up:


Getting those three blinds on the right to hang up next to each other was tricky - they're designed to be hung independently with 2 anchors apiece. I used 4 anchors total to get the blinds nice and close to each other.

Throughout the weekend, I also managed to paint all the doors and trim upstairs (well, except for the trim in the Master Bedroom, which is still sitting in the garage):


I spent way too much time on the toilet in the main floor bathroom. Turns out it requires a custom seal - the universal version I bought at Home Depot just doesn't work.


Anyway, that's more or less the work I did this weekend. I spent a significant part of Saturday just vegging out in the cool basement. I have pretty mixed feelings about that - I really wanted to get the painting done this holiday weekend, but I hit a wall Saturday morning and needed a break. On balance, I'm pleased to have had the opportunity to recharge after hitting my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment