Thursday, August 7, 2014

Kitchen Cabinet Hardware, Part II

As expected, installing the handles on the horizontal drawers is a pain.



All the doors are done, and I only have four drawers left (top picture, on the right). I was itching to finish up tonight, but as I was making marks on the last four drawers to drill holes, I concluded I was about to use the wrong size of handle on these drawers.

We have kinda gone out of our way to make the handles proportional to the drawer (or door) they are on. And I really like the effect of the different sizes of hardware on the different sizes of cabinets.

I was going to install 9.5" handles (the shortest ones) on the last four drawers, just like most of the other drawers. But they look too short on these drawers - I think we need to step up one size to 13.5" handles, like the ones on the larger above-the-counter cabinet doors.

Eh, I dunno. It's 11:30pm now, I need to get to bed. I'll run it by Brianna in the morning.

One final thought: now that I've spent a lot of time up close and personal with these cabinets, it's clear they need a really thorough scrubbing down. We did an initial pass at cleaning them when we moved in, but I bet the cabinets will glow after a really good cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment