Sunday, September 21, 2014

Cleaning up the Basement

Pretty much since we moved into the house, we've been using the basement as a dumping ground for stuff we weren't ready to deal with. Honestly, I'm not sure it's been vacuumed since the first time we deep cleaned the house.

My goal for this weekend was to clean up and organize the basement. Here's what I started with:


And this is where I called it "good enough":



I also worked on the storage shelves in the unfinished area of the basement. I didn't take a very good "before" picture, but rest assured, the floor area of these shelves was also crammed with stuff:


By the end of the weekend, I had it looking much better, with the shelves on the left reserved for food, camping stuff all in one area, and everything just generally more organized.


I feel fairly accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment