Sunday, March 8, 2015

Space Rails

I've been working on a new toy for the last 10 days :-)


It's basically a fancy marble run. I saw a large version at an engineering convention a few weeks ago, and decided I wanted one of my own.

A couple of years ago, this would have taken a lot less than 10 days to build, but Lincoln kinda eats into my two-hands-free hobby time.

Here it is running:


Brianna and I have been discussing using an expanded version of this as decoration, specifically on our two-story-tall hallway:


I'm imagining having a much larger version of this space rail toy spread out across the two white walls in this picture, above the door frame and well out of reach without a step ladder. I'm excited about the idea, but there's a very strong chance it won't happen this year, if it happens at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment