Saturday, December 5, 2015

Artwork above the Fireplace

Brianna and I went to Goodwill last weekend, and stumbled upon a set of frames for a total of $62, and thought they'd be a good fit above our mantle.


The big picture in the center is the Veil Nebula, and in my opinion is the prettiest picture in the Hubble's Image Archive.

The image on the left is supposed to be a scanning electron microscope image of flash memory (like you find inside your phone). That doesn't match what I understand of the imaging capabilities of scanning electron microscopes, but I still think it's a cool picture.

The image on the right is a transmission electron microscope image of pollen.

So: an image from the deepest reaches of outer space, spanning light-years across, framed by microscopic images of artificial and natural structures. I'm pretty happy with it! And the total cost was $110!

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY like it. It would look even cooler in my office :-)

    ReplyDelete