Monday, October 18, 2021

Geothemal - Electrical

Well, my electrician fell down while hiking and broke his collar bone two days before he was due to come out an do the final electrical installation on our heat pump.

Amazingly, he was amazing enough to drive over anyway (with a broken collar bone! on his way to the doctor!!) and walk me through what needed to be done. I then proceeded to do it.

I added a new 2" conduit for the cables for the heat pump and the emergency resistive heater:


And each circuit (60 amps) has a disconnect point anchored to the wall:


Speaking of the emergency resistive heat, here's what the heater looks like:


It's so tiny compared to the whole heat pump!

I spent around $400 on materials, mostly on the wire. And it passed inspection and has been working great! I'm so happy we didn't spend the $14,000 on upgrading the electrical grid connection.

(Oh: the electrician tried to refuse payment since he "didn't install anything", but I was able to give him something for his trouble. Happy to recommend someone with that much work ethic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment