Thursday, April 17, 2014

Automated Lighting - Kinda Working

Well, I'm still struggling to get the automation working on the lights in the Master Bedroom. Part of the hold up is that things are not clicking together quite as easily as I hoped, and part of it is that there is a limited window when I can mess with the lighting - I have to be home, not working on something else, and Brianna has to be willing to put up with the lights going on and off, on and off, on and off.

Anyway, over the weekend, I installed this control switch:


And as of last night, the top rocker switch controls two lights simultaneously! It feels like a minor miracle at this point that a switch finally works :-/

I tried to take a video of the lights fading on and off when the switch is pressed, but it turns out the camera on my phone can't handle the sudden change of light intensity - it just whites out the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment