Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Man, This Is a Big Room

First surprise of the evening was the ceiling fan. I meant to only take down the canopy so I could paint around the fan's anchor and leave the fan itself hanging. Well, it turns out the canopy was the anchor. Only my strength and quick reflexes (and stunning good looks) kept the fan from hitting the floor. Thankfully, it's in one piece in the other room now. Well, not really one piece, but all the pieces are there. And intact. As in, I can put it together again (I swear).

Yesterday
Today
After successfully removing the ceiling fan (as I had intended all along), I patched the various holes left after I pulled out all the nails and screws yesterday, taped the window frames and some of the cabinets, and put out plastic. Lots and lots of plastic.



And then, finally, on day three of working on this room, I could start painting. Tonight I only managed to get the first coat of primer on the ceiling, and then had to call it a night. It really is a stinking big room.



1 comment:

  1. If my attempts at humor aren't coming across well in this post, I apologize. It's midnight here, I'm exhausted, and I think I'm freaking hilarious :-P

    ReplyDelete