Thursday, May 22, 2014

Priming Done (For This Section of the House)

In order to get as much painting done as possible before Brianna comes home, I have taken the main-floor bathroom and upstairs hallway off my schedule for the week. I am only focusing on the kitchen, family room, and main-floor hallway today and tomorrow.

After I posted last night, I decided I wasn't quite exhausted yet, and put up the second coat of primer on the kitchen backsplash.


Then this morning I tackled the hallway. It took an hour, which was longer than I was hoping, but I still only got to work 10 minutes late. There are a lot of surfaces intersecting in this small space, which means I have to do a lot of edging, which takes a while.


After work today, I will tape off everything that is not going to be wall-white (I call it that because I can not remember the difference between "white duck feather down" and "creamy milk cloud" or whatever stupid names Sherwin Williams gives their colors. The paint cans literally have "primer", "wall-white", "ceiling white", etc printed on them in sharpie now), and then get at least one coat of wall-white on kitchen, family room, and hallway.

I would like to get the thermostat re-installed and operating before Brianna gets back, but that particular wall is supposed to be green, so I don't think the thermostat will be back in operation until Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment