Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Getting Back on Track

I'm not sure how much (if any) time I made up today after taking yesterday off, but it certainly felt like a fairly productive evening. I emptied out the kitchen and taped the new areas off, and then slapped on a coat of primer.



I followed that up by pulling everything off and out of the walls and ceiling of the main floor hallway, putting putty in nail holes, taping down painters' plastic, sanding down the putty and a few other protuberances, and then priming the hallway as well.


(That blue "pigtail" on the right-hand wall is twisted up tape attached to the thermostat wires, to make sure they don't fall down behind the drywall. Hopefully Bob the cat doesn't "play" with it too much).

And since you'll all get a chuckle out of it: I had bachelor chow for dinner after I finished painting (at 10:15PM):


I'll admit it ain't classy, but the cleanup is phenomenal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment