Monday, June 2, 2014

Lots of Little Things

Brianna wanted a second shower curtain so the curtains in the first guest bedroom could be parted down the middle. The first one came from the "last chance" bin - they had been discontinued and were being cleared out. I stopped by IKEA on the way home from work, and found one last shower curtain in the bin. I grabbed it and ran. (well, actually I walked to the as-is section).

I picked up a small bedside lamp for $5 in the as-is section, and headed home. The filing cabinet from the garage sale this weekend is going to pull double duty as a bedside table in the guest bedroom for now, and the lamp completed the set.


Once I got home, I finally installed the last light switch I had planned to do the weekend before last:


The switch on the left controls the ceiling fan and light in the family room off the kitchen. So I'm done with electrical work for a while (phew! I was getting tired of shocks!)

I had picked up another ceiling lamp last week, to replace the one in the laundry room. I took care of that this evening as well. Even in the laundry room, the existing light fixture was grody and the interior insulation was stained black and brown with tobacco smoke. Now that this one is replaced, I think I only have one more light fixture in the basement to replace.


And I wasn't done yet! I put some wood filler in (and on) nail holes in the trim around the kitchen - I'll sand it down tomorrow:


Finally, once the upstairs had cooled off in the evening, I finished assembling the new bed frame. Brianna strung up the curtains, and I brought up another garage-sale find: a gliding rocking chair and ottoman:


Together, they certainly seem to fill up that room. And eventually we'll get a mattress on that bed frame and dig out some appropriately sized sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment