Thursday, May 29, 2014

More Switches

I updated the switches in the master water closet.

Before
Now
On the left is a dimmer switch from the clearance section at Home Depot. It's a digital dimmer, which is supposed to work better with LED bulbs, and it seems to be true: this one can dim a Cree bulb a lot lower than the old one could. On the right is a digital timer for the bathroom fan - just press the button to cycle through the time-length options. And because it's digital, the only noise is from the fan - no clicking from the timer.

I moved the old dimmer to the guest bathroom, which still has decorative incandescent bulbs - it works rather well there.

I'm going to have to find another digital dimmer to handle the decorative (non-Cree) LEDs in the master bath:


Eight of those 40-Watt equivalents taken together are bright, especially if I have to brush my teeth after Brianna has already gone to bed. Apparently it's "Soooooo nice for putting on makeup" though, so I can't get away with a more permanent solution, like removing a few of the bulbs. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment