Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Non-Painting Day

Didn't get much done around the house today.

Stopped by Goodwill and picked up a few button-down shirts that were a little lighter-weight and had sleeves long enough for my arms, then got a haircut that was nearly a month over-due.

Swung by IKEA as-is section on the way home from work. I had found a couple of cabinet pulls of the style Brianna wants in the kitchen yesterday, and was hoping to repeat my luck. I didn't find any new cabinet hardware, but I did find a combination microwave and exhaust fan marked down 40% because it didn't have its original box (it was still in its original plastic, though). It was relatively tempting, because Brianna has been wanting a vent hood over the stove since we bought the house, and I finally have that area empty and painted. The IKEA microwave was still $150 though, and I did not want to spend that much money right now, especially without researching this particular model. When I got home, I was glad I held off: the microwave was the right width for our cabinets, but would have jutted out in the other dimensions by a couple of inches. That money will live to fight another day.

I also had a package waiting for me when I got home: a new lint filter for the dryer. Man, they make you pay through the nose for replacement parts for appliances: Amazon wanted $30 for a bit of plastic and metal - I took a risk and got this one from a less reputable distributer for $22.


No sign of any mice in the garage, and the traps are un-sprung, which gives me hope that Bob nipped that problem in the bud.

1 comment:

  1. I know...I bought fran a new lint filter for our OLD dryer and they wanted like 1 1/2 million (well you know what I mean) for the thing.

    ReplyDelete