Thursday, May 29, 2014

An Actual Guest Bed (Not an Air Mattress)

Remember that mix up with the Full-size bed frame that was actually a Queen? Brianna bought a mattress, slats and center beam for it this past Saturday, and I put it together tonight:



Like an idiot, I just went ahead and put the thing together without reviewing the directions. I didn't realize I had installed the side rails upside down until the slats didn't fit properly. Had to disassemble the whole thing and start over. Bleh. Totally my own fault, but also totally could have been avoided if IKEA didn't design the joints to be vertically symmetrical.

Anyway, we now have an actual guest bed! Any guests will have to bring their own sheets and pillows, though (what does this look like? A hotel!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment