Monday, August 4, 2014

Neato Robotic Vacuum

Brianna and I have had robotic vacuums for a while now. I started off with a Roomba back in Texas, but it eventually broke, and I killed it harder while trying to fix it (it's in my parts bin now). Brianna bought this Neato Robotic Vacuum back in Washington, and it has served us fairly well.


Unfortunately, it started to choke on Brianna's long hair - the hair strands actually worked themselves all the way to the brush motor and jammed it tight. Removing the motor for cleaning involves removing 28 screws and being careful not to disturb any other electronics. Eventually the motor jammed completely, and I had to replace it with one from eBay. I thought that would have fixed it, but now the left bump sensor is stuck.

Sigh. Guess I'll take it apart again and try to fix it sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment