Saturday, November 1, 2014

Painting with Jarred

Jarred showed up just as Sven and I were loading the insulation blowing equipment back in the SUV to return to Home Depot, which was a pretty amazing feat of timing. (Jarred, I need you to teach me).

We returned the equipment, and I got the 5% discount I had forgotten about when I first purchased the insulation.

After Home Depot, Sven and Jarred introduced me to the gluten-free menu at Jimmy-Johns.

After dropping me off back at the house, Sven headed back to Colorado Springs to pick up his wife from the baby shower. They planned to immediately head north to Fort Collins for a party, so Sven had a long day with a lot of driving.

Jarred and I put out painter's plastic, and then did the first coat of paint on the three white walls. It went a lot faster with two people. But Jarred looked pretty disgusted when I said: "Congratulations! We finished the first coat!" - He wanted to know how many coats I normally do (for this room - one coat of primer, and two coats of color).

The paint is supposed to dry for four hours before applying the second coat, and Jarred did not have time to stick around that long. I was planning to do the second coat by myself tonight, but... I'm just not going to do that.


It looks a lot better than the bare primer. And a hell of a lot better than the smoke-stained brown it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment