Monday, November 3, 2014

Tired Monday

Brianna and I both crashed pretty hard around four o'clock today, and may have left work a little early. Brianna stopped by the grocery store on the way home to buy milk. Somehow she found discounted diapers and bought those as well. I shopped at Home Depot - I kinda want to finish this insulating kick I'm on. I bought some materials to insulated the attic access and winterize the evaporative cooler. I didn't have the energy to actually deal with either tonight, though.

I did put some wall plates and other accessories back on the newly-painted walls, though. The yellowed plastic of the doorbell blends in surprisingly well with the wall color:


I do want to replace that doorbell - one of the two chimes has fallen off, and I really want a doorbell that can send a push notification to my phone. That way I'll be able to "hear" the doorbell even when I'm making noise in my shop in the basement. But considering that I've blown through eighty-five percent of this month's house budget on insulation projects and that Link is due to arrive next month, I don't think I'll get around to replacing the doorbell anytime soon.

While I was doing that, Brianna was working on the nursery. She got a number of new outfits at the baby shower this weekend, and just generally had a lot of sorting and nesting to do. She was clearly enjoying herself - tired as she was, she didn't want to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment