Friday, October 23, 2015

Finally getting around to the Laundry Room

Well, Brianna and Link are going to be in Washington this weekend for my sister's baby shower. Since I have the house to myself, I'm going to invite all my guy friends over and have a debauched party with lots of booze and music and HAHAHAHA, no. I'm going to paint the laundry room.

The laundry room is the last significant room in the entire house that hasn't been repainted or at least patched and touched up (there are two closets that are still in their "pre-Medema" state). There are quite a few holes in the drywall, and the shelves above the countertop are drooping under their own weight. Here are the "Before" pictures:



And here's under countertop. That's not dirt. That's after I scrubbed at it for five minutes. It's just that badly stained.



And here's some intermediary pictures:

I got the ceiling painted:


And the trim and window sill:


And I took the shelves down. Blasted things were only anchored in drywall - no wonder they were drooping.


And that's as far as I got on a Friday night. Tomorrow I paint the walls green.

No comments:

Post a Comment