Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Cleaning up the Workshop

With Lincoln sleeping in the basement bedroom, right next to my workshop, I can no longer work on some of my hobbies during naptime and night time.

So, I have to be able to supervise Link while working in my shop, without him being able to hurt himself when my back is turned for two seconds.

I got all the stuff off the floor and off Link's workbench. I did a lot of vacuuming. All toxic stuff was exiled from under the workbench to the high shelf in the top left corner of this photo:


I strung a second LED strip on the ceiling and cleaned up my 3D printer, parts and scraps:


Computer system got reorganized. The computers are on a trolley now, so I have easy access to ports. All four monitors are active. Speakers work again. And I have my 3D printer upgrade parts laid out on the desk, ready to go.


All the shelving units (and the work bench) are anchored to studs now. The grey metal cabinet is new: I found it on the street last week on trash day.


Link can still make a heck of a mess if he puts his mind to it, but I don't think he can actually injure himself in this room any longer, as long as there is a modicum of supervision.



No comments:

Post a Comment