Sunday, August 31, 2014

More Electrical

Continuing with the theme of doing electrical work while Brianna is away, I fixed the outlet that powers a lot of the fish tank.

There was a two-gang junction box with only one outlet in it. There were three electrical cords running to this outlet via an adapter. I decided to add a second outlet to the two-gang box.

When I took the cover off the junction box, one of the neutral wires popped out of the wire nut, and the wire nut on the hot wires fell off the wires and onto the floor.

At this point, I am really thinking I need to inspect the wiring of the entire basement, which the previous owners had remodeled themselves.

Anyway, I got a second outlet in the junction box and fixed the wiring with new wire nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment